Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Blairesville, Georgia

My sister's lake house

Growing up we had a boat. My parents always took us away on adventures and we LOVED that. Each adventure settled deep inside....and shaped part of who i am. It reminded me that GOD is bigger than my backyard..and has created so much for us to explore. I long to pass that tradition down to Bennett. We are blessed that my sister and her husband invite us to the lake sometimes.....it reminds me of my childhood.


My mom and dad are so good with Bennett. I need them in his life...they offer such different glimpses of love. It reminds me of how good they were with me. They watched Bennett at my sister's lakehouse while we sang in the Davis' wedding....it was beautiful.


The water was too cold....


Kevin, Bennett, Dad and Mom hangin on the front porch...


It did my heart good to see kevin, my nephew Mason and brother-in-law Scott play nerf gun war in the house....all the boys came alive.


From the outside looking in.....its warm and cozy inside. 



This is my beautiful sister Amy. She is 
such a good friend, mom and daughter...she juggles life well i think ( with a constant migrane too, i might add) . She is strong and generous....loving with all she owns, and has our family at heart constantly.  I love her. 



There is something magical, more like spiritual about being near water at night....the moonlight reflections, the quite peace...the water rests and the air on top seems to sleep and move calmly with the wind. My dad captured this shot one night....


2 comments:

vanessa said...

I love when you blog because I love the sincerity in your writing...you are so sweet. The lakehouse is beautiful. I see why you guys love going there so much. I'm happy y'all had a great trip & that you got to spend time with your sweet family. That's always so refreshing. Looking forward to seeing you guys, Saturday. Love you!

Reed and Kelli said...

what a BEAUTIFUL lake house. I know for sure Reed would love it too- he definitely misses the cabin his family has in Montana!

Wow- you and your sister look SO much alike- you both are stunningly beautiful.

Looking forward to see you on Saturday...

xoxo