Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Me and My dad



I remember this day with my dad. It was so much fun. We were at the lake with my mom and sister when we found this piece of styrofoam. The styrofoam became our boat, the sticks became oars, and the lake became a glassy road. I guess i was a little older than Bennett in this photo? Ah. memories. ( i can hear the song "memories" playing in my head as i type now). I have a lot of great memories from my childhood. I am thankful. I am thankful for this photo. I wonder what memories our boys will have? Sometimes, I'm not sure what keeps the memories alive, the pictures or the magnitude of the moments. Both i guess. Nevertheless, i think its another reason i am excited about taking photos. They are gateways into memories. They have the power to stop the clock, the continuous tick and tock.

i showed this picture to Bennett today and he told me he remembered this day too because he was in my belly then. Hmmmm. We had a long discussion about how only older women can carry babies. and now, this photo has taken on even a new memory .

Bennett told me that he liked Grandpa when he was this person in the picture and that he likes grandpa as the person he is now. Even i cant understand how we are the same person as what the picture shows so many years ago. But we are....and we arent i guess. anyway.....i am thankful for this picture that captured this moment with my dad. that helped me remember....

No comments: