Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A word for the New Year...

What does the new year hold. What do you want it to hold? I've been thinking and am tired of my "Goals" and "resolutions". There is a quieting of the heart i can feel...a hushing of the world and whispers in my soul that i cant hear amidst the children. A beach trip is on the way ..and i CANT WAIT TO REST. TO hear the ocean..to hear my thoughts again. There are so many possibilities in a year; some in our control and some aren't. Or perhaps none are in our control really. We live and move and have our being in Him i believe. Sometimes i believe. I've been worried and upset about so many things and only one thing is needed He says; To rest and learn from Him. A yoke that is easy and light? i learned this once...and will spend my lifetime reminding myself of that deep rest. A rest. Beyond physical and mental.... I want SO many things...i ache over so much that i don't have...Not necessarily things...but yes, some are things. and i thought i learned that money is never the answer....not truly deep down the answer. BUT I WANT MORE MONEY... Newer things are always coming..and all things collect...and collect dust...so maybe i dont want money. ADVENTURE...i WANT ADVENTURE...but adventures are always to be had..and always end....I WANT SOMETHING THAT LASTS...hmmm. Relationships..I WANT BETTER RELATIONSHIPS....but i've always known great loneliness even amidst crowds. Noone can love always..we are not the authors of that. I NEED GOD. i guess so..i rest in that today. I read today...(even while kids cried in the back...i ran to GOD..myself crying and exhausted and read this:
"I am to be the only inheritance the priests have. You are to give them no possesions."
That was all i read. i dont even know where it is because the kids came and Amos shut my Bible...i am right now asking the kids to "PLEASE STOP" so i can finish writing this....but anyway...
i like what it says...
i read it this way........."GIVE THEM NOTHING....THEY NEED NOTHING...I AM ENOUGH...I AM THEIR HELP...THEIR REST....".....

4 comments:

Brewers said...

Numbers 18:20 is the reference. Rest has never been so difficult to attain. Neither has it ever been so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Thesupermanns said...

Thank you for the reference Brewers...what is your blog site?.i want to check it out?

evy said...

love love love this

Ariana said...

Love you. Love this writing. Love that all of it drives us back to Him. Even each other. Thanks for the reminder, friend.