Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Growing Boys...




Who are these little men growing taller beside me day by day? The legs and arms and faces thin out. Pant legs grow shorter and t-shirts tighten..... litte bodies sleep in bunk beds now instead of cribs. The questions are spoken with growing clarity. And the days go by like this. Their independence grows...These little boys are throwing toys and playing hard this rainy morning. Within these walls.. these gifts , my sons, run around laughing, yelling, fighting, cuddling, crying, eating, sleeping, bathing, playing.... and GROWING UP. It's happening slow before my eyes. I blink and time has past. Seasons change. My rich heritage from the Lord. My boys! How i love you my boys!!

Sometimes i grab them and squeeze tight..... hold them and rock and sing " i'll never let you go...ill never let you go".

They squirm free...

Kevin likes to hug them tight and say "squeeeeeeeze. POP!"....he lets them go on the pop.

I hope we do this always. Even when they are grown.

When each was a baby...i wrote them a song. I sing it to them from time to time...i hope they know their song by heart....i hope they know they're loved.

 The smallest one now plays the whisper game....he tilts my ear to his little mouth and says..." i have a secret mama.....i wuv you ever!" i whisper back in his ear. "I love you forever too". My heart melts like this on a daily basis in many different ways.....and yet, i crumble with frustration so often.  Like now, my oldest hits me with a stray orange and yellow bullet...and yells " I GOT YOU MAMA"...my arm stings and i ask him not to do that again...ignore it to write this blog. The little one, with a scratchy low voice says "mama i wanna go somewhere"...

This question is asked soon after they begged me not to go to church this morning....i caved and agreed to a lazy, cozy, rainy morning together......but now, Amos wants to go. He is always up for adventure.  Always ready to go...The older is happy to stay. He plays by himself in his room. singing in a rhythmic pattern. Rhythm has always poured from this child.

Amos is crying for food. He just had a breakfast of 2 bowls of cereal and 5 small animal shaped waffles. He is now crying saying...."I want some dinner...i want some dinner"......


Ah....i guess i must get the growing boy food!!! ....i know Bennett will want more too...

My beautiful growing boys!!

No comments: