Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, January 12, 2015

Awaking my soul

My heart searches, but finds no other rest than Jesus' blood and righteousness. The cold rain drizzles down from Nashville skies and my heart turns heavy like the clouds. The piano calls me to play a tune…awaken my soul to remember. If even small and simple….play a tune to remember. Note by note i begin to awake and sing to the Ancient of Days... Oh, Maker even of drizzly cold days come close , come close to me!! There is no sweeter rest than when you come and sit with me. Note by note a little song rises, timid like a bird remembering its voice. Remembering it's restful melody beside the Ancient of Days. His presence builds me up and louder I play an old hymn of praise. I pound the piano keys and sing my soul awake with old hymns of praise to the Maker of days…even dark cold drizzly days.

"On Christ the Solid Rock i stand all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand. "


No comments: